Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Meet the Team Uganda 2013 (Soroti)


 Rodney Lau

Name: Rodney Lau
Occupation: Healthcare Professional
No of trips to Uganda: 3
Why I’m going to Uganda:

Uganda always has a special place in my heart.  I've been blessed to see the Holy Spirit in action just like in the book of Acts, from miraculous physical healings and forgiveness of others to intimate personal encounters with the Lord.  I've seen lives transformed so that they are able to love others unconditionally. Having been blessed to experience the transformation in people’s lives first-hand, I yearn to see more.  I am returning  to Uganda  to investigate how we can more deeply invest in the lives of people in Uganda.

What am I most afraid of? The gift of martyrdom, because it can only be used once, and the gift of celibacy...



 Ada Lau

Name: Ada Lau
Occupation: Student/ Residential Support Worker
# of trips to Uganda: 2

Why I’m going to Uganda:

I want to experience God’s tangible glory and find out first-hand what He is currently doing in the country of Uganda. I look forward to reuniting with old friends from the town of Soroti and sharing our lives together. Finally, I am excited to once again learn from the people of Uganda who are so full of joy, life and tenacity.

What are my kryptonites? (Please don’t use them against me) Bubble wrap, soft & fuzzy fabrics, and any dessert made with green tea

Uganda 2013 Meet the team: Rosanna Soh

Name: Rosanna Soh
Occupation: Home maker
# of trips to Uganda: 0
Why I’m going to Uganda:
It has been my dream for the last 5 years to join the Uganda team.  It is an honour to go and meet the people I hear about, to share a love that has changed my life and most importantly to proclaim good news to the poor, to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives, to comfort all who mourn, to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. (Isaiah 61).    I go simply because He called me.  There is no other way you would get me to leave my family and travel an insane number of hours to sleep under a mosquito net in crazy hot weather and encounter huge spiders.  I won’t even drive a couple of hours to go camping and I can’t even kill a tiny bug in my house!

 If I could turn back time what year would I go back to?
1994 <sigh> my last year of high school…independent but not on my own =).  Living at home being taken care of by mom, getting allowance every week , having a driver’s liscence with no curfew and free use of the car.  The biggest thing I had to worry about was studying for my calculus test.  A time when I was surrounded by great friends and lots of fun.   (Can you tell I’m a homeschooling mom to 4 children =)

No comments:

Post a Comment