Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Meet the Team Uganda 2013 (Mbarara)


Joe Chong

Name: Joe Chong
Occupation: Network Analyst
# of trips to Uganda: 1

Why I’m going to Uganda:

I’m going to Uganda because I want God to use me in any way to be a blessing to the people in Uganda.  The people of Uganda have deeply touched my heart since the first time I was there, and my heart is to see them live in the fullness and purpose that God had intended for them and see the Kingdom of God reign in their land.  


If I could be a cereal box cartoon character for just 24 hours, what would I be? Why?? I would be a Trix rabbit and be the first Trix rabbit to get the Trix cereal.



Natalie Mak

Name: Natalie Chong (nee Mak)
Occupation: Musician, teacher, music teacher
# of trips to Uganda: 3
Why I’m going to Uganda:

James 2:26 says: "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."
This is the verse that drives me to do what I do. I have been to Uganda, I've seen God's power with my own eyes. And now that I've seen it, I cannot just sit here.
God's love for us is immense and immeasurable and it's in all of us.  Personally, His love cannot be contained in me, it is too big for my four walls, and it is way more appealing than my comfortable North American life. I am so excited to return to Uganda to see God's glory manifest!

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
I'm a person who thrives on multi tasking. There are several jobs that I would love to have and I could probably do them all at once. I would love to be a professional competitive Scrabble player, someone who puts music in films, a scent creator, a children's television host/puppeteer, a food critic, and a personal shopper.
At the moment, I play Scrabble on my iphone, I imagine music in films, I smell things, I sing children's songs, I describe food to anyone who will listen and I shop for myself, my husband, my family and my friends.



Joshua Chee

Name: Joshua Chee
Occupation: Student
# of trips to Uganda: 0
Why I’m going to Uganda:

This is the first time since our church has been going that I have had the chance to go. I know that going to Uganda will force me to step out of my comfort zone. However, as long as I am obedient and willing to put in the preparation, God will use me as a blessing to the Ugandans as well as bless me through them.

Fun Fact: Lakers are winning the championship this season (2012-2013)


Uganda 2013 Meet the team: Rebecca Woo

Name: Rebecca Woo
Occupation: Registered Early Childhood Educator
# of trips to Uganda: 2

Why I’m going to Uganda:

Since my first trip to Uganda in 2008, I felt like a part of my heart has been left in Uganda. My second visit broke my heart as God showed me that there’s nothing in this world that I can do or offer that take could away the pain and suffering they have experienced. This epiphany helped me realize that it’s only through God’s love can things be changed and moved. So for this upcoming mission, I hope I can relay that same love that God has given me unto others.

Would you rather breathe under water or fly? I would rather breathe under water so I spend more time with nemo.

 Herman Lam

Name: Herman Lam
Occupation: Engineer-in-training
# of trips to Uganda: 2
Why I’m going to Uganda:
I've been blessed and privileged to have all that I do and it is my earnest desire and joy to pour back and to be a blessing.  To intentionally impart who you are is the principal reason why we as TLCF return to Uganda year after year, and it is the reason why I am going again.   My heart since I was a teenager was to be a blessing and encouragement to those around me.  I love to help, being part of brightening up people’s day, and equipping people with principles and skills they can use throughout life.  This is my heart returning to Uganda again as my second trip.

What I look forward to on a day off or weekend: A crisp cold winter morning, with the sun just breaking the horizon; the smell of a fresh coffee brewing and the quietness and peacefulness of the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment